ALCS (Automotive Logistics Control System) is a software application that is supported by ICloud services. The purpose of the system is to facilitate the flow of information between all business functions inside the organisation and manage the connections to outside stakeholders.
The system integrates the internal and external management of information across an entire organisation embracing:
- Transportation (work orders, scheduling, resource planning, workflow management, quality control etc.).
- Supply chain management (supply chain planning, supplier scheduling, purchasing, quality assurance, claims handling etc.).
- Customer relationship management (sales and marketing, service, customer contact, call centre support etc.).
- Data services (Various "self–service" interfaces for customers, suppliers and/or employees) for example ADAC, ferries, bridges, tunnels, legal service automated bookings).
- Financial accounting (General ledger, payables, receivables, cash management, financial consolidation etc.).
ALCS is the latest, and one of the most advanced IT systems in Europe, which incorporates and integrates cutting edge technologies: JAVA technologies, EDI (Electronic Data Interchange), GPS tracking systems, GSM, E-invoicing and others.
The ALCS system incorporates the best forms of practice over the last 10 years in automotive logistics. This means the software reflects the vendor's interpretation of the most effective way of performing each business process. It allows companies to reduce time–consuming project tasks such as documentation, data entry, testing, training etc.
Benefits of ALCS:
ALCS can greatly improve the quality and efficiency of a business. By keeping a company's internal business process running smoothly, ALCS can lead to better outputs that benefit the company such as customer service.
ALCS provides support to upper level management in order to provide them with critical decision making information. This decision support allows the upper level management to make managerial choices that enhance the business down the road.
ALCS also creates a more agile company that can better adapt to situations and changes. ALCS makes the company more flexible and less rigidly structured in an effort to allow the different parts of an organisation to become more cohesive, enhancing the business both internally and externally.
The fundamental advantage of ALCS is that integrating myriad businesses processes saves time and expenses. The system connects to real–time data and transaction data in a variety of ways. Management can make decisions faster, and with fewer errors. Data becomes visible across the entire organisation. The ALCS system centralises business data, bringing the following benefits:
- Sales forecasting, which allows inventory optimisation
- Chronological history of every transaction through relevant data compilation in every area of operation.
- Order tracking, from acceptance through to fulfilment.
- Revenue tracking, from the invoice through to cash receipt
- Matching purchase orders (what was ordered), inventory receipts (what arrived), and costing (what the vendor invoiced)
- Eliminates the need to synchronise changes between multiple systems—consolidation of finance, marketing and sales, human resources, and other applications
- Brings legitimacy and transparency to each piece of statistical data.
- Enables standard product naming/coding.
- Provides a comprehensive enterprise view (no "islands of information"). They make real–time information available to management anywhere, any time in order to make educated decisions.
- Protects sensitive data by consolidating multiple security systems into a single structure.